Saturday, December 19, 2015

Assignment #8 BBC Learning English -Stop saying...!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/upper-intermediate/unit-1/session-4
First, this website is very useful. Although this website is be created not long time. Today I choose this topic "Stop saying...!" that is about pronunciation of double contractions.
They might be used for informal communication but not used very often in written English.  For example, I would have becomes I'd've and could not have becomes couldn't've. I think  if I practice more often, I will speak fluently and realize quickly. But before the video end, Helen recommends us don,t use them when in a job application.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly.
    In writing, using double contractions will likely make your work seem unprofessional

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, BBC learning English is a helpful website. And yes, the topic of contraction is useful.

    ReplyDelete